Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Infants terrify my husband!




I've always known Chris is a little skidish around babies, but I just recently found out how bad it was. Since my new neice and nephew have arrived, it has manifested itself in a few ways. Since everyone thought that the twins were ours instead of my brothers, we've been getting a lot of questions about when we are planning on having kids. This question kills Chris! He doesn't want to make me mad by saying no time soon, but he doesn't want to give anyone the impression of, well, any time soon.




Last night, Dillon stayed at our house for a little while while my brother and sister-in-law went to Wal-Mart. Chris was sitting in the recliner, and Dillon loves recliners, so I handed that baby over and said, "Here Uncle Chris!" So I went off to the kitchen to finish supper. When I came back into the living room, Dillon was sitting on the couch looking at Chris like "Why in the world did you put me down?" And then I looked at Chris like "Why in the world did you put him down?" But I let it be, and went to finish supper again. Then I hear Chris yelling, "Honey! Come here! He's doing something." When I got to Dillon, he had spit up on his bib. I laughed so hard at Chris and said that we just shouldn't have kids if he can't handle spit up! It gets a lot worse than that!




Chris swears he wants to have kids some day. And I have discovered that this is true. The only condition is that he wants them to be three years old when they are born. Sorry Honey, it can't happen that way.




I know that one day he will understand the joy of seeing a baby smile for the first time, or the comfort that comes with rocking him to sleep. For now, though, he is still freaking out at the thought of fatherhood! But that's ok. Everything has a season and a purpose under Heaven, and when our time comes to enjoy parenthood, I know we will be ready.


P.S. Can you guess who that adorable baby in the picture above is? : )

No comments:

Post a Comment